Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLENDER DMGH 25.4 carb bearing failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal.mido

Mechanical
Apr 26, 2017
TN
Hello everyone ,
I am not so good in english but i will do my best to explain the situation .
My intership is in a ciment plant , I am working on a gear unit flender DMGH 25.4 .
the problem is on floating shaft Bearing , I am sure that the failure of the CARB bearing is due to the axial thrust of
helical gears. I m trying to find a solution to this problem , i found an other type of bears : cylidrical bears TYPE NU which support axial thrusr but it doesn't support a big load like the carb bearing do.
anyone has knowledge on this type of gear units , i will be glad if he give me some advices .
NOTE : CARB C 3164 M
I am going to upload the manifucturar document with this thread.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=be735ce2-7309-44dc-beed-ae1836d96559&file=13.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

Flender is long gone down the Siemens road, the merger was in 2009. So this way or another, the unit should have had some time to do its job and the bearing is maybe due a replacement anyway.
However, from curiosity, would you be so kind as to show some substantial pictures of the damaged bearing?
THe CARB bearing principle was imo chosen for a purpose, so changing it to a NU type would perhaps not perform in the intended way. Furthermore, CARBs are for floating bearings only and should not per se take on thrust loads. There should be a fully operative fixed bearing taking the full! axial thrust of the shaft.
Sorry to convey commonplaces, but why not contact the OEM. I reckon this is (seen the size of your bearing) also the safest way to proceed.
Regards

Roland Heilmann
Lpz FRG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back