Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flexible Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

beretta24

Mechanical
Feb 4, 2006
US
I'm workig on a lubrication system and have to connect the tank to a manifold with a flexible connection. The connection or joint needs to withstand about a half inch of travel in any direction. Currently, the connection points are 3" ANSI B16.5 flanges.

The line/connection needs to include an elbow. The kicker is the tank flange is located about 11" to the side and 7" below the manifold (at a right angle to each other). Oh, the other kicker this is a military project and the joint must withstand about 15g and 5g of shock in the vertical and horizontal directions respectively for this application. Thanks for any help you can give.

Brian

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks a lot, I found a couple other decent companies but a lot of them don't post tech info on their website. That's about the best one I've seen so far.

Brian

There are flex hoses already approved by mil-spec you may want to look at. NAVSEA S6430-AE-TED-010 is a Technical Directive for flexible hose assemblies. I don't know if this will help but I think it might be a place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back