Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flight control system installation?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pretorian

Aerospace
Jun 7, 2003
US
Hi,

Can someone help me with: Flap and control surface mechanism installation and routing - overview,...manual,... more detailed then is in Airframe structural design book presented.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you are looking for specific information on Mechanical and Hydraulic power systems for Flight Controls the absolute best source would be the manufacturers maintanance or overhaul manuals. Here you will find the Schematics, Rigging, Hydraulic plumbing, Support Structure and the Flight Controls themselves. The only problem you may encounter is this Data is proprietary and you would have to work at an Airline Maintanance Base or Repair Station to gain access.I can't think of any other source that will get you that much specific information.

You should try the following books:

1. "Aircraft Flight Control Actuation System Design", by Raymond, E.T., Chenoweth, C.C.; ISSN: 1-56091-376-2
2. "Aircraft Systems: Mechanical, Electrical and Avionics Subsystems Integration", by Moir, I., Seabridge A.; ISSN: 1-56347-506-5

These are excellent books not only for introduction. Furthermore they offer you cross reference to special literature.

regards Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back