Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flir InfraCAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taggy

Electrical
Feb 27, 2006
GB
Hi

I am fairly new to this forum and have found it extremely interesting. I do not have any kind of detailed knowledge of Thermography but i have a simple question. I am just wondering if anybody has had any use or thoughts on FLIRs new infraCAM as the company i work for is currently thinking of purchasing a camera for the main use of preventitive maintanance, any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Taggy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not sure what this new camera costs, but a few things to keep in mind. Depending on the size of your facility and the amount of equipment to be scanned this may or mkay not be a viable option. If you are going to be doing alot of IR then a higher quality camera may be the way to go. It may even be better to lease it and see how it works for you and then decide if it meets your needs. I use the FLIR P65 and have used alot of the features on one occasion or another, but I do alot of IR. I have never used the Infracam, but depending on what you want to invest and the size of your facility it may be the best choice.

I believe the infracams and lower cost units are good for in house inspections but you need to know the needs you have. If you need to perform Kiln or furnace inspection you may need a higher end camera. Also a major diffrence in low and higher priced cameras in the software interfaces inspection routes may be preprogramed into the flir P65/ 695 for instance. With qualitative surveys this is a major advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back