Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floating fixed SolidWorks licenses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJJH

Mechanical
Feb 5, 2009
GB
Hello all
Is it possible to float fixed licenses as a user? In the past we've had fixed licenses that we've turned to 'floaters' once the subscription ran out. Our VAR came in and did it for us.

Would it be possible for me to float our fixed licenses? (we currently have some fixed and some floating, and the support has expired on all of them now), or is it something only the VAR can do with a communication from the SolidWorks mothership?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Steve,

You are going to have to contact your VAR as this requires a change to your license file on your server. There is usually a cost associated with it, but sometimes I have seen VAR wave the cost of the converted seats if you purchase other apps that have to be added to the license anyway.

Take care & have fun!

Kevin
"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison

I believe if your license is still active and you already have a network license the switch is free just some paper work is involved. If your licenses have expired you will probably have to renew them since SW is the one that controls the license files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back