Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Floating Viewports

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeVV

Mechanical
Aug 1, 1999
US
Does anyone have a good template that they use for drawings the external references in which they are making hidden views, auxilliary views and section views from assemblies and components? <br>
<br>
I'm using R14 and find that taking a part, similar to one that I have previously designed and made detailed views for, and changing the drawing (file open, save as, edit new file to be like new design with old notes and similar views, etc) is difficult because I end up redrawing all of the views. Doesn't AutoCAD have a simple way of updating all the views?<br>
<br>

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You could try selecting all the views, then copy and paste them into a new drawing.<br>
&quot;Mechanical desktop&quot; has the ability to up date all the views by altering your solid.

I don't understand how you could hope to have automatic updates with ACad 14. You are basically working in a 2D environment with no parametric capability. If you want these capabilities, the easiest method is to use a solid modeling CAD package such as Solid Edge, Mech DT, or Solidworks. Then you design a 3D part. You have a drafting environment which should update after changes are made to the part. <p> <br><a href=mailto: ttracewicz@atsspartec.on.ca> ttracewicz@atsspartec.on.ca</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back