Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

floor meshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannes964

Civil/Environmental
Dec 1, 2006
DE
Hello,

I try to mesh manually a floor of an irregular geometry by dividing the area at lines (shell elements). When I check the model, I get the warning message: areas "are too close at points...".
Has anyone an idea how I can fix this warning. I'm not able to mesh this geometrie proper. In the meanwhile I'm totally helpless. Thanks a lot.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i think you should run "merge points" comand and "check Model" in analyze menu the first comand will find any joint and join into one when they are nearest (less than the tolerance) the second comand will find any irregularity from your structure like overlaping areas or lines and it will select all the elements with problems... then i use the comand "Show Selection Only" in view menu to show just the elements that have problems.

sorry by my grammar

thanks for the answer. the command merge points is a powerful command which i have not known. thanks. but i'm still not able to fix the following warning:

2. UG, F4 & F413 are too close. Check at (179,622,296,385,3,15)
2. UG, F413 & F414 are too close. Check at (161,803,262,212,3,15)
Check Selected Objects.

i obtained this warning after dividing the area with the command mesh areas...
i can select them, but then i have no idea what the next step is. i tried to use the command merge points after selecting all objects and points. but this command don't fix the problem.

thanks a lot

no! merge points just wants for any piont near from other point less than your tolerance and it convert into just one point, bt in your case i preffer erase and create new sub-elements F4 F413 F414 ... i think is more easy

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back