Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLOW IN PIPE CALCULATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenote49

Mechanical
Oct 6, 2013
SA
Dear Gentlemen,

So my issue is about the comment on the AS-BUILT DRAWINGS in which they wants me to reflect on the drawing the flow of water on the pipe including the branches and risers. Now the usual way of getting these values is by using the Hazen Williams Formula which will take time but I need the as-built to be approved ASAP. So...

Is there a quick and simple way of getting the values. For your information, the system is a DRINKING WATER supplied by the chiller to DRINKING FOUNTAIN all over the building. Pipe is PVC, 9 floor building with a total of 67 drinking fountains.

What I'm thinking is just get the capacity of the CHILLER PUMP and just divide that value on the mains and branches of the pipe network. Would that be appropriate?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you do that before the system is built, you may get inaccurate results.

you must get smarter than the software you're using.

The piping system already installed. I think, you should perform the draining test with such tapping usage scenario, and state the maximum and minimum flow during peak condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back