Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Need review for pipe wall thickness calculation sheet for pipes under internal pressure 7

Asisraja D

Mechanical
Jan 3, 2024
IN
Hi professionals
i am a project engineer and i did some calculations part for calculating wall thickness for pipes under internal pressure as per ASME B31.3.
i have attached the sheet here.

This is just my work to submit to all of you for a review on the steps involved here and the Units i used here whether right or wrong ?
if anyone cross check the work please you can download and try this at free time. Thank you for all of your support to keep curious of engineering as part of my life.​
[bigsmile]

"Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c61c3a27-2464-46ce-b01c-ae65f8c93ef3&file=Straight_pipe_under_internal_pressure_wall_thickness_calculation.xlsx
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

fel3
Sir i haven't heard about the software used for this kind of calculation, anyhow thanks for introducing them for me. [thumbsup]

"Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it does not exist, design it." - Sir Henry Royce

OP,
You have gone wrong in two places:
1. 4.78 mm wall thk looks to be a non-standard pipe schedule - means you can't buy in the market.
2. t[sub]m[/sub]value must be equal or greater than t[sub]c[/sub].

correct these two and you should be fine.
GDD
Canada

GD2
Thank you sir for correcting the errors in my sheet.

Back