Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FLOW MEASUREMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrl3

Mechanical
Nov 4, 2001
IN
DEAR EXPERT,

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A FLOW MEASURING DEVICE WHICH IS PORTABLE,WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PROVIDE ANY HOLES ON THE PIPE FOR MEASUREMENT LIKE OUR PITOT TUBES.

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO MESAURE DIRECTLY FROM OUTSIDE OF THE PIPE WITHOUT CONTACTING THE WATER FLOWING INSIDE.

IT SHOULD BE ABLE TO MEASURE FROM ID 100 TO ID 1000 MM.

KINDLY ADVISE.

REGARDS
VRL3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Consider a portable clamp-on ultra-sonic flowmeter. I have had good experiences in the past with Controlotron. Provided they are installed as per mfr recommendations and the proper data has been entered into the flowunit flow accuracies of down to a few percent in the turbulent flow regime can be attained.

Consider a portable clamp-on ultra-sonic flowmeter. I have had good experiences in the past with Controlotron. Provided they are installed as per mfr recommendations and the proper data has been entered into the flowunit flow accuracies of down to a few percent in the turbulent flow regime can be attained.

Dear Dick van kampen,

Thank you very much for your reply, kindly let me know what will be the approx cost of this equipment.Please let us know the contact address or e-mail of the controlotron manufacturers.

Bye

vrl3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back