Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flow Works Boundary Conditions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cylo

Mechanical
Oct 11, 2007
LB
Hello, i am new to cosmosfloworks. I have been playing around with it for a bit now, and read up on all the help files and tutorials. I still don't understand how to apply boundary conditions using lids. I get this same error when picking the faces. Face <1>@Lid-1 is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I cant figure out a clear guideline on how to set these lids, for example, Does the matting have to be a certain way, or the computational data cover a certain region. If anyone can give me a few pointers, i would appreciate it.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hallo Cylo, I'm using FW 2004 since some years.
I ran up against the same error message "Face <1>@Lid-1 is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region", when I erroneously selected a surface of the lid not contiguous the fluid region, or when the computational domain was no set as I was figuring. My advice is to run the FLOWORKS>TOOLS>CHECK GEOMETRY before start to Solve the Analisys.

Best Regards,
Mirko

hey cylo, i'm running into the same issue with the boundary between solid and fluid regions. it seems that i can get around this by greatly simplifying my design to basic structures, but obviously, that is not ideal. the link you posted back in october is no longer valid. any tips you could point my way?

Hi,
back in v.2004 I noticed that it frequently helped to avoid tangency between curved faces: replace it with planar "contact" instead, if you can...
Regards

Hi sorry but I have the same problem, when I check the geometry everything is allright it recognize an internal fluid but then when I open the cosmos it says the face is not laying the boundary between fluid and solid and then everything turns wrong. It doesn't recognize anymore the fluid volume. I don't know what to do and really need your help. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back