Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flowmeter Selection for Automatic Chemical Dispensing System 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vhimal

Mechanical
Nov 10, 2020
MY
Hello Everyone,

Good day.

I'm a project engineer currently designing a automated dispensing system for liquid chemical. I would like to have suggestion on which type of flowmeter is the most suitable for high accuracy and low volume chemical dispensing. The liquid chemical we are using to use does not contain solid particles and purely in liquid form. The volume i'm intending to control is about 1-2 liters. I need this to be very accurate.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, we're talking numbers here.

Define "high accuracy" - 5%, 1% 0.5%, 0.1%??? It makes a massive difference and the lower you go the more expensive and complicated your dispenser will be.

Over what sort of flow rate / duration is your 1-2 liters going to be? The faster the harder it is to be accurate.

Start up and shut down can be big issues for meters.

If this is fairly slow you might be able to do it with some sort of fast acting solenoid valve or quarter turn ball valve.

Correolis are good, but suffer from a drop off at low flows so the start-up and shutdown it might miss that extra little bit of fluid.

but this is a very well worn path and multiple people make dispensing equipment - just find the right ones to talk to is my advise.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Hi accuracy, low volume. 1-2L. Why not just assume for now 0.5% of flowrate and that its roughly 0.5 ml/s. Aren't we at least realistically talking about some kind of positive displacement devise? Not a coriolis, or valve. Obviously just guessing, but that's what we're here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back