Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Floworks or CFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPCLima

Industrial
Aug 20, 2007
US
Floworks or CFD,

I'd like to get into a fluid analysis software. does anyone know how cosmos or cfd compare to one another on cost, function and over all results. I am using Solidworks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am absolutely not an expert, but have tried to "fool around" both with floworks and with solidworks.

Floworks:
Seemed to be easy to learn, just as solidworks itself, but still it was hard to get my first simulation run. Unfortunately I couldn't get much help from the local distributor.

CF Design:
the support is excellent. I could manage an online demo, where I could ask all my questions. The software is quite uniqe, but still easy to learn tha basic functions. A bit strange if you switch between SWX and CFD, becouse of the different movements of the bodies.

Unfortunately I cannot say a word about the function, as I am not an expert. I think the mesh size is automatically determined in SWX, but have to be setmanually in CFD. That gave me a lot of headache, becouse to big mesh sizes gave resulted stupid simulations, but too fine mesh made my processor burn, and frozed my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back