Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fluid dynamic modeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurbineInvention

Mechanical
Jun 17, 2006
US
I have invented a new type of turbine. This device will convert energy while the working fluid condenses. There are no models for this type of fluid flow, so I am told. With out this information it will be hard to get the most efficient design. Is there anyone working on this type of modeling, who would person contact? Is anyone aware of people that would be capable of this type of research?
Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Good for you. One questions though, if you haven't got the arithmetic worked out to demonstrate that you've actually improved on "turbines" (you didn't say if it was a steam or gas turbine), then how can you be sure that what you want to bring to market is actually better in some regard? There are mathmatical models for condensing turbines, but I guess yours is different. Without some information about the differences I can't point you towards an equation that could help optimize it.

David

Thanks David,
I am not aware of any condensing turbines that can condense more than 8% during energy coversion, this of course is only my limited knowledge of the field. This turbine can run on any pressurized fluid (combustion gas, steam, refrigerant, air, water). The theortical part is that I can send in critical pressure superheated fluid and after the work is done subcooled liquid leaves the turbine (converting energy the whole time). This is possible because it converts energy differantly then other devices. I have made several crude proto-types that worked well. I have not been able to test the condening part yet. This is not a complex device to make.

I am currently making a better proto-type and I am working with a few companies to varify the results. I believe this will build a foudation which will allow larger companies to take me seriously. But it would be nice to have a model to present as well as a proto-type. Thank you for your comments, please continue.
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back