Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FM 200 design concentration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you asking what the design concentration is for a Class C fire? What does the room contain? If its electronics, you also have a Class A fire hazard.

I learned from the internet that class A is used for surface fire and Class C for electrical fires.

for my curiosity to learn more I would like to know the design concentration for Class C fire?

any help is appreciated..

ASSADEQ:

The design concentration is established in its listing. Therefore you need to contact the manufacturer and determine what is required for a Class A fire hazard. See NFPA 2001, section 3-4.2.2. Additionally, NFPA 2001 requires that you provide a safety factor of 1.2.

stookeyfpe:

you are right Class A can be used also for electric applications but this is only if the electrical supply is isolated (shutdown) during suppression.

So, if you have an application where the electrical supply is live you have to consider class C hazard.

thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back