Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FO3015 4000w Laser Paper settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotmetals

Mechanical
Apr 8, 2022
US
Hello, Need help with laser paper issue. I just bought an old 4000w CO2 Amada FO3015 and I cant find any information or settings to preburn the protective vinyl film along the cut path. The material we need to run is 18ga 201 stainless and removing the vinyl film is not an option for us. We have tried running the material upside down but that leaves an unacceptable edge. Anyone have settings they use for this machine to preburn the protective film?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you laserninja. I believe you are dead on but our machine is a few years older and only has the 101, 102, & 103 for a pierce. We will be trying some etch settings in the next day or two. Ill post the results when we do.

Thanks guys, we found a setting we liked and ran with the 1500 watts 1000 hz and duty at 25. That produced the cleanest edge on the vinyl.

The vinyl just barely started to burn/spark at a duty of 20 on our machine and going up to 35 duty really gave a rough distorted edge to the vinyl that was on this material.

Thanks again.

Try this, On the screen click on where it says Condition on the upper right hand corner,
Once your in the condition box, look for where it says pierce on the bottom left corner.
When you have pressed pierce, now look where it says pierce type on there you will see a number, click on it and type 135 for all 3 of the boxes. then hit save.
That will create a pierce spit from above before it touches the sheet and problem solved. Hope that helps.
20220713_090712_riqima.jpg
20220713_090654_nqvy4z.jpg
20220713_090720_rtfkk0.jpg
20220713_090705_iwckch.jpg

Thanks Mariofeliciano, I think we have dialed it in now but I don't remember off hand the settings we came up with. Our controller is an old 160i-L so you're years ahead of us. Our service tec had discovered that when they replaced the Z servo, they installed it one cog off, so no matter what we did we were having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back