FOL 3015 AJ - compressed air assist gas connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishmanford

Industrial
Jul 20, 2022
NZ
Hi
We have just installed a 2nd hand Amada FOL 3015AJ and we are struggling to work out how to use compressed air as an assist gas (how to connect).

We have the Nitrogen & oxygen connected for assist gas and a compressed air line connected for the clamps and shuttle table.

But if we are wanting to use compressed air as an assist gas where does it connect to the machine. The technician said we would need a manual valve with a T on the Nitrogen line - however the company that sold it to us advised they used Air but it had a direct connection with no manual valve - but they can't remember how.

Can anyone point me in the right direction how this would have been done.

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi
compressed air and nitrogen should joint to the same line before your valve(manual valve or analog)
In any other case you will not be able to adjust the pressure to get a good cut result.

Normally you have the connections you mention but the asssist air for cutting is different from the clamps line.

the Clamps need about 4-6 Bars so they have their own valve

the assist air for cutting in my laser needs 8-14 bars

Also in my case there are two differnent machines for air. One that works for the building and the clamps and one (high pressure) for the cutting
The quality for the cutting has to be very good or else you ll have problems with the glasses of the head(oil or water that can pass from compressor to the line)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back