Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formulas in Expressions NX12 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvanNX

Mechanical
Jun 9, 2005
SE
NX 12, how to find list of formulas that can be used in Expressions? In earlier versions you could go in to list and check which formula is good for you to use, now I can't find this list? Help please.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right click on the formula field and choose "edit..."; a secondary dialog will appear with function, measurement, attribute, etc options will appear. If the formula field is currently in text entry mode (the cursor is in the field), when you right click you will get a menu with options like "cut", "copy", "paste", etc. In this case, hit Esc until you are out of text entry mode and try right clicking on the formula field again.

expression_edit_mc6t8g.png

www.nxjournaling.com

oh...
another of these wonderful user interfaces where one have to try right click randomly a little here and there and , maybe , maybe, the desired dialog will appear. *
I wonder how the people designing such user interfaces think.
"since all users are using the expression editor 100% of their work hours, and therefore they know all the options, i can hide this sub-dialog here since everybody will know that it's there anyway."

* i have seen a version of Acrobat where one had to right-click low right to get a print button appear...

Regards,
Tomas

Another example:
I learnt today that when assigning material, one can right click the header lines in the list, and there, in the popup, find a quite extensive filtering capability, and of course select what columns to be shown.
the filtering is an example of the above, hidden functionality that nobody really expect to be there because there are no hints that it exists.
"I can probably not filter this list because i see no such option, i will have to read-scroll-read-and-swear instead."
The column selection is expected, but, one can only select from four columns, not "any material attribute" which would have been nice. Nor the alias name that one can set when creating the material.
Hm.

Regards,
Tomas

Discoverability.

Who DOESN'T just love easter-egg hunts?

Proud Member of the Reality-Based Community..

[green]To the Toolmaker, your nice little cartoon drawing of your glass looks cool, but your solid model sucks. Do you want me to fix it, or are you going to take all week to get it back to me so I can get some work done?[/green]

Thank you Cowski.
Is there more right click easter eggs in NX?
Can somebody compile list of these, so we can have chance to use them?

IvanNX said:
Is there more right click easter eggs in NX?

I know you can do a lot of different things holding down the shift key while selecting. Specially in Drafting there are a lot of hidden functions.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back