Fossil Fuel Stabiliser

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmw

Industrial
Jun 27, 2001
GB
Any one have any experience of this?

They claim it can boost fuel efficiency by 6-3O%!
They also claim it can virtually eliminate pollution.

They say:
"Since this is a proprietary technology and a trade secret, it can not be totally disclosed on the ingredients, but as the fuel passes through the Fuel Stabilizer, a reaction occurs to the fuel molecule."

Another site here...

Just curious......

JMW

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I add Sta-Bil to my chainsaw fuel.

... but this is something different.

"Nothing to wear out or replace".
I.e., a short pipe.

Mike Halloran
Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Oh boy, another one. I love these things. It's like Whack-a-mole, one gets shut down for false advertising and another one pops up.

Long, long time ago, I can still remember... The owner of a large trucking fleet got sold a pipe dream by the makers of the "Moleculator". You just screwed it inline on the fuel supply line of your diesel engine and gave it a whack with a brass hammer. It was supposed to align the fuel molecules as they flowed through it, increasing combustion efficiency and reducing consumption & emissions. Said owner came to my employer and said "I'll never buy another brand M truck unless you test the Moleculator." So of course, we did. And, of course, it did nothing. We ribbed the engineer that had to run the test mercilessly that he didn't hit the "Moleculator" hard enough, etc.

Despite the fact that our testing showed the Moleculator" to be a total waste of money, the next month the ads for it in Heavy Duty Trucking proudly proclaimed "As tested by brand M". True story.

This is utter garbage. If one of these things worked, the inventor would sell it to one of the oil companies and it would be on the refinery outlet or the gas pump.

Increases the huckster's profits by 6-30% I'll believe. All the fossil fuel I've ever seen, with the exception of coal, is non-magnetic, non-ionic and liquid (or gaseous), making any magnetic, electric or "particle alignment" effects impossible.

I can't believe the Chicago school district is going to put them in all there schools. I watched the video with the school superintendent not finding it suprizing however. Why is there no non affiliated third party testing this with qualified equipment? God that bugs me. Some one is a damn good sales 'person'! "the molecules are getting re-aligned"? Did they not consult their chemistry teacher there? That's so full of crap I can't stand it. He claims "a large increase in savings". I'd be curious if they haven't changed usage somewhere or they may find after four years not much has changed. Whatever.

Wow, I bet they do get into trouble. It doesn't state boosts fuel efficiency "up to 6-30%," it states "6-30%."

And "reduction in consumptions 10-31%." Quite the claims...

Some of their other products are good too, see the "harmonic stabilizer" that sounds like it's just a piece of stainless steel you bolt onto anything that vibrates.

Allegedly a re-incarnation of the Inset Fuel Stabiliser device, this is a link to the EPA report (the link in that thread doesn't work)

Incidentally, I like how the EPA spells "Vehicle", I wondered if this were a bogus report but it is also found on the EPA website here:

This looks like the mother load for perpetual motion scams so some reading to be done![dazed]

JMW

Cool find! They've got my "Moleculetor" although it doesn't reference the testing we did. Motor Trend endorsed it! I never did trust that publication.

I didn't see the "Firepower" fuel pills from Oz in the list (maybe the list is USA only). There has been much scandal about this lately - figures up to $100 million being mentioned. The Oz government even gave money to assist in export trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back