Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Franki Piles Contractors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrt2000

Structural
Oct 22, 2003
CA
We have a project in Quebec, Canada. The recommendation for foundation support is to use Franki piles. We have a difficulty finding contractors with expertise and manpower to carry out the installation of approx. 200 piles. We would appreciate help in identifying qualified contractors in Maritimes, Ontario and North-East US capable of instaling Franki piles.

Thanks for help.

MT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Isn't Franki Pile in Toronto anymore?? Used to be. Also try to find Western Caisson (Toronto) or Bermingham (Hamilton Ontario).
[cheers]

Franki Pile is still alive and well, but only operate under that name in Australia. I don't know of anyone that installs Franki Piles any longer in North America. Franki Pile Australia is a sister company of Hayward Baker who is in North America and offers a similar product, Vibro Concrete Columns. Check out

Yes, Franki is no longer in the US, and yes, Hayward Baker does offer Vibro Concrete Columns. And I do believe that they have worked in Canada. Call 410-551-1890. That is the northeast regional office. Good luck.

As you are in Canada - do check out Western Caissons of Toronto or Bermingham in Hamilton. If they don't install expanded base piles (Franki-type), I'm sure they will advise who does in the Montreal/Quebec area. I apologise that I've been out of touch with the nuts and bolts of such contractors over the last 10 years.
[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back