Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free beam column spreadsheet for tube design shareware

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeSE

Structural
Sep 7, 2007
US
I wrote this spreadsheet for beam-column tube design following AISC 13th. I accept no liability for your use of this. If you do check it/use it please make note of any problems.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, Mr Li has offered a spreadsheets for this and other stuff, but it is not free. Also, even after purchasing a license from him, it is not exactly open source. I believe our profession has been tunnel focused on profit for the next project. If we create open source design software it will reduce our operating costs. Open source software will not allow the novice to design without the base knowledge because it must be checked. Retail software actually allows the novice to create a product with less engineering knowledge, experience, and intelligence resulting in the euphoric scenario we are all afraid of.

FeSE,

I see that profit motive very much in this country.

In Australia I could go to a nightime engineering seminar for as little as $10 (or even free) here it rarely is less than $100.

But there are websites out there dedicated to spreadsheet sharing you just have to find them.

csd,

sorry to say, but don't recommend websites which are
full of malwares and not reliable. I got my computer
infected due to these non-tested and prone to virus
website for free softwares. Don't just throw the list
to get star.

Bobber1

i have already bought it ! and trust me its worth it ! writting calculations in it is just like typing formulaz only. it has autoselect tables for reinforcements and sections. ! excel sheet is nothing compared to TEDDS for words.

ali07,

I am sorry to hear you had problems but you shouldnt be surfing the web without a firewall. I used some of the spreadsheets on these sites and didnt have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back