Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Heat Transfer Book ! 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah
Mr Quark
ofcource you are better than GOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE

Thank u very much for sharing this valuable info with us
junaise

Quark!

Thanks man - both the book and the site are extremely useful to this muddling nuclear turned mechanical engineer!

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

quark,

fyi...

yes, i obtained the book sometime ago and even contacted the professor about obtaining the answers to chapter questions. the response was similar to unfortunately no; however, we will consider a future release in a manner that does not jeopardize the education of students. something similar.
thanks for the post!
-pmover

Pmover!

It would be childish, but still if they atleast give the answers we can somehow cook up the solutions[wink]. I sincerely feel that it was a great effort by the authors. Thanks to them.

Phex!

Though I am much interested, they require a masters degree here for lecturing :-(. Hard luck for me, for I have only bachelors degree.

Best Regards,

come over here, then. they require heaps of things here, but noone cares ;)

chris

Greetings QUARK

Thanks for the link to MIT.

Re: second site, I get to the "home page" but items I select give me "cannot open page"

Any suggestions/

Frank
fjdcanoe@sbcglobal.net

Just clicked and it is fine. Try from another computer or empty out c:\windows\temp and c:\windows\temporaty internet files directories, clear the history and then check again. This generally works.

Regards,

Quark,I wont download the book until next week because I want to compare its contents w/ my old heat transfer textbook which dates back to 1969. By your account do you think that its is worthwhile to download it to upgrade my reference? How is the topic on ablation?

Hi,

I am a late comer here. Probably the link is not functional Can anybody help me please.

Ali Ansari

The link worked for me just today. I downloaded the book about a week ago but tried to link again today and it still works.

Quark,

I downloaded the book today. It looks fantastic. I spended way to much money on smaller books like these. And they are just for free on the net!

You`re great.

Regards,

Lantyr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back