Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free Heat Transfer Book ! 26

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do a google search on free engineering books you will be amazed what goodies you can stumble upon.

I have the heat transfer book on a CD and it is a valuable reference.

Sharing knowledge is a way to immortality

Can anybody share/provide data sheets on Thermophysical properties of gases (Air).
Thanks
Shankar.

Probably info. given in Perry VI, Tables 3-211, 3-211, 3-213 and 3-214 plus fig 3-15 and 3-16 would be sufficient.

Hi sgyiar,
There are many books are available to give the properties of gases in polynomial form also, which is very useful for writing codes or create your own table with different intervals in a spread sheet depending on your reqirement.
I am suggesting the following books
1. Fundamentals of gas turbines 2nd Ed by William W Bathie.(page No 27)

2.An introduction to Combustion by Stephen R Turns (page No.540 & 541)

3.NASA/TP—2001-210959/REV1 by Michael J. Zehe, Sanford Gordon, and Bonnie J. McBride
Glenn Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio.

If you need any further help inform me.

Regards,
KMPillai

Mr. Quark,
thanks a lot for the free book!
However, do you know if there is any author that continue the work of Keys & London in the study of different geometries of surfaces in compact heat exchangers?

Steco!

Generally I don't much deal with heat exchangers, except checking the design of exchangers what we use. Kays and London is the best book in my view and I didn't come across anything else so far.

However just try I think they have a free software and some data on compact heat exchangers.

Regards,

Quartz

That is about what I have been looking for: a Heat Transfer text book since I graduated about 11 years ago and took that course 14 years ago when I was 19-20, I remember I didn't sell the book but I guess it's MIA.
You realized you just saved me $$$...Thank you!!!

thank you for your good site Quark.
there is a good site which you can down load alot of books in diferent subjects including engineering.
you can download books for a 7day trail (for free) in three diferent catuguries.

mohammad

Please forgive if the information I'm asking for is hidden somewhere in the links this thread generated. That's part of my problem: searching yields too many hits and none have panned out for me, so far.
I am looking for a table containing (average) energy conversion rate values, for such things as internal combustion engines, steam turbines, diesel generators, and in general, energy conversion equipment. I don't need this for a specific machine, just ballpark figures. Can someone point me at such a table? I think I have found many of the more general resource sites on the net and while some provide some of the information I am looking for, I have not found everything I need. Help will be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back