Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free rolling wheels 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC18

Mechanical
Feb 22, 2023
LB
Hey guys,
I am using ADAMS view and I have a simple model of a robot that is driven by its two front wheels and steers using differential steering.
I know the STEP functions that describe the velocity of the front wheels (therefore, moving the robot). During the motion of the robot, how can I remove the power on the wheels and let it roll? I am imposing a motion on the Revolute Joints, but when I set the velocity to zero, it suddenly stops.

Thanks for your assistance :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hopefully if you think about what you have written you'll see why it stops.

What you need is to DEACTIVATE the velocity motion statement at the time when you want it to stop working.
DEACTIVATE
The DEACTIVATE command turns off a statement that was previously turned on by the ACTIVATE command, or that was active by default.

Cheers

Greg Locock

New here? Try reading these, they might help FAQ731-376

Thank you Greg. Is the DEACTIVATE command available in ADAMS view? From what I've read here on eng-tips, you've recommended using ADAMS Solver. My goal is to deactivate the motion function (speed) after x seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back