Free Structural Engineering Textbooks [Sydney] 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

handofthelion

Structural
Jul 7, 2014
AU
Hi all engineers of Sydney,

I am moving on from the profession and have 10 structural engineering related textbooks that are looking for a new home at no charge, for pickup in Ashfield (or post at your expense)!

Here are the textbooks that are available:

PXL_20220225_000802803_orplyd.jpg

Here is the list - happy for someone to take them all or a selection, I will strike out once they are taken:
[ul]
[li]Structural Analysis - Hibbeler (7th Ed)[/li]
[li]Design of Joints in Steel and Composite Structures (EC3 & EC4) - Jaspart & Weynand[/li]
[li]Ethics, Technology & Engineering - van der Poel & Royakkers[/li]
[li]Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Application to Earthquake Engineering - Chopra[/li]
[li]Worked Example for Steel Structures: AS4100-1998 - Bradford, Bridge, Trahair[/li]
[li]Hollow Sections in Structural Applications - Wardenier et. al[/li]
[li]Composite Steel Design - Durack & Kilmister[/li]
[li]Fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics (6th Ed) - Munson et. al[/li]
[li]Timber Engineering - TU Deflt[/li]
[li]Structural Engineer's Pocket Book - Cobb[/li]

[/ul]

If you are interested flick me an email at robbie.vanleeuwen@gmail.com to arrange a pick-up!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All the books have a new home and are no longer available.

@Celt83, doing a 180 and going into nursing, but still spending time on open source engineering software - watch this space :)

A star for you, that's generous... After graduation, we ran into an engineering student from Mexico who was lamenting the limited texts they had. A bunch of us rounded up all the texts we could find and shipped a crate of them down... I only have one engineering text from university left.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

There's more money in it, silly!

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

There are many reasons why someone might choose to move from engineering to nursing in Australia, but I very much doubt that money is one of them!

Anyway, best wishes with the new career, and I hope time allows progress with the software development.

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Good luck on the new career Robbie!

I've tried to exit engineering a few times to do something else after getting burnt out, but after a year or two of doing nothing have always found my way back or been talked back onto the ledge... hopefully you learn from my mistakes and have a long and successful career in nursing :)

Looks like someone scored some good texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back