Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Free, Updated Estimation Guide for Structural Elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmlm

Structural
Oct 13, 2005
Does anyone know of a good estimation guide? I’d prefer an online guide that is divided into at least regions (if not by state) and is updated every quarter.

The online guide that I have been using lately is:
It is a nice site, but with the rising costs of building materials, I’m beginning to question their accuracy. A book that is published every year is good, but does not always contain several states or regions. Also, a free guide would be best because it isn’t worth paying for something that will be out of date in 3 months or with the next hurricane.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dont know about any free services I would trust. RS Means Cost Works is the best cost data there is. It is around 120.00 to buy each set of data. For strucutral stuff, you should be able to get by with only one set. It is updated quartely and I think they release updates inbetween if there is a dramatic change.

RS Means is by far the best one in the USA. You can get quarterly updates.

I am sure there are other expensive software and services as well. I have used RS Means for over 15 years and I like it. You can combine RS Means with Winestimator software and you will have great estimating tools at your hands.

Regards,
Lutfi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back