Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freeform objects in Solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwiteconfused

Industrial
Aug 13, 2002
GB
I have just imported a 'free-form' object from Solid Designer into Solidworks +2001. It is symmetrical and has three sections on either side. It is free-form because I want it to appear as a squashable material. However, I want to divide the free-form object into two along the sections with a workable plane/line so i can draw away from the imported drawing. I've seen a thread this morning that talks about using planes to 'cut' existing sections but I was wondering if there was another way without actually splitting the sketch?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, I've surface radiated to the edges of the free form object, but i need the radiated surface area to be higher up on the freeform surface rather than connected to the edges. Is there any way of accomplishing this. I've tried using an offset of the radiated surface and then trimming that to fit the freeform surface but when i go to delete the original radiate both sections are deleted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back