Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Freezing excel integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

saarp

Automotive
Apr 17, 2016
IL
Hello,

When we open excel file from TC (by double-click on xlsx dataset), the computer freeze for long time, sometimes even needs restart.
It usually happens when there's a "unmanaged" excel process running, but sometimes also when there is no excel process at all.

The local integration partner said it's a known issue and they don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have many issues with java versions. You may look into whether the version you are running is too old - - or too new. Although, launching or viewing (internally to TC) may not be effected by java, at all. Just a thought...
g.

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

Just something to try, if you are able. We are currently 1.6.0_21 (needed for our TC installations), but our Search function in Help doesn't work, needs a newer version. I thought perhaps ExcelX might need an even newer to function? You can always uninstall and go back to the original version - no harm, no foul.

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

I just checked - and couldn't find out which version is certified.
TC 10.1.4 20150421 64 bit
JRE 1.7.0_65 64 bit
NX 9.0.2.5 Rev K 09Sep15
NX 10.0.1.4 D4 27May15
Microsoft Excel 2010 version 14.0.7015.1000 32 bit

If they are very large spreadsheets, I wonder if the 64-bit Excel might be better? No issues if you run (export) the spreadsheet to native OS? Have issues only when Excel is launched from TC?

gbangs
TC 8.3.3
NX 8.5.3.3 MP11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back