Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

From .sim to .prt by face from mesh commande ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zmedwael

Aerospace
May 2, 2013
FR
Hi every one ,
i'm wondering if there is a way to create a part from a simulation ?
I know i can pass from sim to fem but i need to get a prt file to get full access to the UF functions like the type of surface etc..

thank you .

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not that I'm aware of.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Dear Zmedwael,
The only geometry that you can export is the IDEALIZED "*_fem1_i.prt" file, that is based in the master file *.prt. The geometry in the FEM file is based in POLIGON faces, not proper geometry, then not possible to export, for instance, as parasolid.

If you have a SIM model with only nodes & elements (not geometry) you can import the nastran input deck in FEMAP V11 (another FEA pre/ and postprocessor from SIEMENS PLM) to create surface geometry based in faces of Shell or Solid elements that you can manipulate and update the mesh based in the new geomtry, very powerful!.

mesh2geom_02.png

mesh2geom_03.png

mesh2geom_04.png

Best regards,
Blas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blas Molero Hidalgo
Ingeniero Industrial
Director

IBERISA
48011 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: Blog de FEMAP & NX Nastran:

Thank you BlasMolero and JohnRBaker for the information ,

for BlasMolero , i do the same as you explained , i import a Nastran bulk file to NX then i use the "face from mesh" command to create polygon faces from pshell .
the question is the possibility to pass from polygon faces to just faces (*.prt) , because the editing options are larger when we work in a .prt file like creating midsurfaces and other geometry simplifying tools , even when using NX open journals the program will be more efficient for manipulating operations .

I guess i will try to work with the available options in NX 8.5 .

Thanks again .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back