Fruits Waste Grinding/Pulverizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJSH

Civil/Environmental
Jan 29, 2013
US
thread161-281892
With reference to processing of solids fruits wasate (apple, peach, cherry etc. with pits) can someone provide input on equipment that can grind/pulverize the referenced fruits into particles less than 3 mm?
llamallama can you provide some input?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

need particle size less than 3mm. franklin miller, moyno, jwce says they cannot guarantee 3mm.

What I was referring to was a custom made unit, not the standard design unit. I believe Franklin Miller makes equipment for other industries than wastewater.

I doubt that there is any wastewater equipment that will do this as there is no wastewater market for this type of equipment. It will be expensive, have low throughput, and have high operating costs. All undesirable features in wastewater equipment.

There is industrial equipment available to accomplish this:

I spoke w/ Franklin Miller. They said they can't meet. The requirement is for downstream MBR. I am wondering if a hammer mill with screen works.

For an MBR, I would go with screening and forget the comminutor. I have seen where ground up material tends to reclump again in wastewater treatment plants. It is easier to remove large particles than small particles. Huber has a mesh size down as small as 10 μm. The ROTAMAT Fine Screen is 6 mm which is probably adequate.

This is for solids fruits. Water will be added to make it flowable and pumpable by a PC pump, but it will not be like flow like wastewater passing through drum screen.

Enter "muffin monster shredder" into google or bing -

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Not sure why you want to add water to dilute. Why not use a screw conveyor to move the solids. You can use a dewatering press to dewater?

For what do you need <3mm? Clogging?
We are talking about solid wastes, or a slurry, or wastewater with solid contaminants?

You could look at the Hoelschertec Gorator.
Maybe a macerator could work, too.

You said this is for a membrane reactor, I think. JWC has a 3 mm screen and a washer assembly that includes a grinder prior to the washer. I just started one last week and it works very very well on Domestic Sewage. The existing, NOT JWC, removes a tremendous amount of fecal material. (We actually refer to it producing a Dyno Turd) The JWC grinder/washer assembly works very well and removes all the visual fecal material and washes that stuff back the waste stream. The problem with fruit solids might be that the fruit pulp is firmly attached to the seeds ? and the seeds might not wash as well as domestic solids. OR, does the seed material represent BOD/COD and need to be treated?
Steve

Here is another outlet for the pits. A number of companies are planning to replace microbeads in soap products with natural substances such as ground-up fruit pits.

I grind plastics.The grinder consists of three rotating blades and four stationary side blades with a mesh at the bottom to determine which size drops out.Would such an arrangement help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back