Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Full list of spec. tree symbols 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianMansinni

Mechanical
May 10, 2004
IL
Hi,
I wonder if there is somewhere a full list of all symbols (node images) of the specification tree.
Many of them are known (to me) but some aren't. There are some symbols that looks alike but has an "extra" meaning. For example, a sub assembly that is flexible is colored in purple.

Catia.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We share your pain with the symbols. Our favorites are the green/brown/yellow geared parts in assemblies.

The company I currently work for has put together a list of those symbols (I helped develop the list) based on info we found in the help and companion files. We included a section on "incident symbols and what to do to fixt them."

Wish I could share it with you, but I can't. But the information is there if you look for it.

If you do a search on symbols and then scroll down to common functionalities it will navigate you to all of them even though they are spread out as you say.

Someone here where I work compiled all of these into a pdf so it makes it even easier.

If you go to Assembly Design in online doc, there is a chapter called "workbench description" under here you find "Symbols Used in the Specification Tree" Information about the spec.tree icons is listed under here.

/Yngve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back