Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

full round fillet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArashIKamangir

Mechanical
Mar 29, 2007
IR
Hi there
I'm trying to model a turbine blade similar to an example shown on the topic "Fillet Overview" of solidworks 2007 help,under full round fillet, but i'm in trouble and i cant do the full round fillet. (between the 3 adjacent surfaces) i have tried to change the extrusion height, modify the profile as much as i could but still no results .
please help
Thanks
Arash

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a delicate feature that only works under certain conditions. Ideal conditions involve only three surfaces (instead of three sets of multiple surfaces).

Also, sometimes the thickness variation of a rib (or blade) may cause difficulty in obtaining a full-round fillet (geometry changes too quickly for a smooth transition, for instance).

If this doesn't address what you're seeing, perhaps you could post an image of the part? See the FAQs for how to do that.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

thanks for the light speed answer, here is a hi resolution image:
full.gif

(That's a small image.) I'm guessing from what I can see that the problem is in making the tight bend around the upper-right corner. Does this corner have a radius to follow or is it a hard corner? If no radius, I'd add one first and then try. The radius will need to be larger than the minimum radius of the full radius feature you want to add.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe transcends reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back