Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

functions in msc.adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

turners

Mechanical
Nov 7, 2005
GB
I am having some probles creating functions in aview how can i best create the yaw and lateral acceleration functions, thankyou

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yaw is the rotation around the Z axis, in SAE coordinates. Therefore it is the displacement rz component of the marker.
lateral acceleration is the y component of the acceleration of that marker.

You have two alternatives. Right click on the CG marker of the body, and choose measure, and select the appropriate measures.

Or, if you want to generate a request, use build->measure->request-> new

Its hould be pretty obvious from there.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

I am very new to msc.adams and I have created a bicycle model in adams/aview and want to calculate the yaw and lateral acceleration. What should be my very first steps and are there any online tutorials on this on the web thanx

The online documentation (right click on the leftmost button on the mdi toolbar) has "Getting Started" and more advanced tutorials for each product.

With View I recommend you do the latch example, right through to the bitter end. It's a bit tricky, but it does show you a lot of useful stuff.

You can also try the on-line forums at where they have a useful database of questions and some more tutorials.

Cheers

Greg Locock

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back