Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G.E. Industrial Power Systems Data Book 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoboDemian1

Electrical
Jul 28, 2009
MX
hi everyone!!

I´m new in this forums and it looks great!
I´m electrical engineer involved in Industrial Plant Design.

Since some years ago, i have been looking for the G.E. Industrial Power Systems Data Book in pdf format.

Any kind of help would be highly appreciated

Best Regards

EgP...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

BJC, isn’t the beer analogy just the opposite…lots of foam represents low power factor; i.e., a waste of circuit capacity, where minimal foam {high power factor} is more efficient use of circuit capacity?

Please, please, please, let's don't start the beerfoam discussion again, please. Do a search on it on this site. It has been hacked to death (or I thought it was dead.)

rmw

I thought I understood power factor but one thing is confusing me. If I have equal parts foam and beer, then the ratio of beer volume to total volume is 0.5. But if I have equal parts real and reactive power, then the power factor is 0.707. I think maybe there must be some faulty assumption built into the sinusoidal steady state model that doesn't match the reality proven by suds and beer?
[cheers]

=====================================
Eng-tips forums: The best place on the web for engineering discussions.

The great thing about the beer analogy is that if you find it confusing you can drink the beer and start over with a refill. After enough iterations..........

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

I got burnt using rapidshare. Sent me to another site that claimed to have it, put in my visa info, then got nothing. Next day, bogus charge showed on my acct and it took three days to get removed!

I purchased this book 40 years back for my then employer. I was remembering the volume with the greenish calico cover.Reading all the hallo associated with the book, I had an urge to have a look at the book again.Since it was not in my company library, after lot of search, I found the same in the Electric Research organisation, located in my town.One good samaritan had donated the Volume to them in 2003 with the scribbling on front page"an act in the fond memory of our parents who made this possible"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back