Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gage Lines (again!) or Getting Reference Set Entire Part to Appear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been down this road before (thread561-250212), but now there are some new wrinkles. [banghead]

I'm on NX 8.02 now, and I still can't understand why there isn't a simple way to dimension angles using gage lines in drafting.

Regardless, my problem is this time I am completing a drawing that was started with Model, not Entire Part as the Reference Set. There are numerous section and detail views already created throughout the drawings. I need to dimension some angles using gage lines. I have changed the Reference Set to Entire Part, and displayed the points I need. However, when I return to Drafting, updating the views will not display the points, even though the views are in the correct orientation to display the points needed. If I create a new Base View, all the points appear. Do I have to recreate the pre-existing views in order to have the points appear?

Also, we've started receiving models from customers. Typically we recreate their drawings in NX to validate the model they supplied (Our customers require that drawings govern, and that any models supplied are merely done so as a courtesy, and may not be accurate). Now my problem here is that the models have no points on them, so whether I use Entire Part or Model for the Reference Set, I have nothing to use to replicate their gage lines in their drawings.
Any ideas?

Have youlooked into the layers visible in views? maybe you have some layers turned off in certain views?

The layers appear fine. I don't use too many, and the ones I needed are visible. Also, all the points (and sketches for that matter), are visible when I create a New Base view.

Ok Just a thought, we are coming over from I-Deas and these layers From NX are confusing when and how they work. But we are getting a better handle on em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back