Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Galley Standard Interface and Design Requirements 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BandaGunda

Aerospace
Nov 12, 2019
LU
Please - Could any one provide me with a sample *Galley Standard Interface/Design Requirements/structural interface document*. Any aircraft either Part 23 or Part 25. For academic use. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

BG...

Had to do some MIL galley design a few years ago... Galleys are NOT trivial systems, for various reasons.

Most of these documents relate to various aspects and inter-related elements... and contain numerous 'other references'...

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
SAE AIR1453 Disinfectant Cleaner for Aircraft Interior General Purpose Liquid

SAE AIR1826 Acoustical Considerations for Aircraft Environmental Control System Design

SAE AIR4766/2 Airborne Chemicals in Aircraft Cabins

SAE ARP85 Air Conditioning Systems for Subsonic Airplanes

SAE ARP583 Cabin Crew Stations

SAE ARP695 GALLEY SYSTEM DESIGN AND INSTALLATION CRITERIA

SAE ARP712 GALLEY LIGHTING

SAE ARP4712 Hand-Held Cabin Fire Extinguishers Transport Aircraft

SAE ARP5150 Safety Assessment of Transport Airplanes in Commercial Service

SAE ARP5770 Mechanical Control Design Guide

SAE ARP8058 Thermal Design and Performance of Airplane In-Flight Food Storage Carts

SAE AS1426 STANDARD GALLEY SYSTEM SPECIFICATION

SAE AS6271 Halocarbon Clean Agent Hand-Held Fire Extinguisher

SAE AS8036 Cargo Compartment Fire Detection Instruments

SAE AS8056 Minimum Design and Performance of Airplane Galley In-Flight Carts, Containers, and Associated Components

SAE AS8057 MINIMUM DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE OF AIRPLANE GALLEY INSERT EQUIPMENT, ELECTRICAL/PRESSURIZED

GAMA Publication No. 13: Acceptable Practices Document, Cabin Interior Monument Structural Substantiation Methods

FAA AC25.1455-1 Waste Water/Potable Water Drain System Certification Testing

MIL-HDBK-802 DESIGN OF ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT WITH SMALL STRAY MAGNETIC FIELDS

MIL-STD-1472 HUMAN ENGINEERING

MIL-STD-1474 NOISE LIMITS

MIL-STD-1587 MATERIAL AND PROCESS REQUIREMENTS FOR AEROSPACE WEAPONS SYSTEMS
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o We believe to be true what we prefer to be true. [Unknown]
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

I'd add the FAR requirements …
general design and construction … 25.691-625
interiors … 25.785, 787, 789
loads 25.561 (and also typical abuse loads)

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

MIL-STD-1587? There are metallic materials recommendations and restrictions for MIL galleys due to fire, corrosion, EE EL shorts-grounding, plumbing,etc...
Gag me... that was a way-out-of-the-box project for my group.

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!
o For those who believe, no proof is required; for those who cannot believe, no proof is possible. [variation,Stuart Chase]
o Unfortunately, in science what You 'believe' is irrelevant. ["Orion", Homebuiltairplanes.com forum]

If you have a friend at Boeing and can get the required permission, here are some other documents that might help. I cannot supply them as I do not work for Boeing and do not have their permission.

D6-36075 Galley Insert Design Requirements and Certification Methods

D6-55441 Galley/Interior Furnishing Structural Requirements

D6-55698 Design and Certification Requirements for Galleys, Closet, Stowages, Partitions and Crew Rests

SW... Coffee makers and ovens [conventional and microwave] are genuine hazards.

NOTE.
My company has extensive design references for galleys that I cannot mention... but most OEMs and large companies should have design guidance, documents/procedures, LL's, specs, etc in their library.

Regards, Wil Taylor

o Trust - But Verify!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back