Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gas Flow SI Unit to English conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbm

Mechanical
Feb 27, 2001
US
Alright here's a stupid question. Can someone lead me in the right direction to find a conversion factor between Nm3/h to a proper english unit. A little background and help for my brain dead head this morning will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all. Have a good day.

MBM

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what you mean by 'proper English Units'.

Normal conditions are 1 atm and 0 deg C and would be used for gases. Using English units, one would typically use scf which is done 60F and 1 atm (14.696 psia). I don't think there are different pressure bases used between normal (SI) and standard (English) conditions.

Therefore, all you need to do is adjust the temperature base to 60F from 0C (1.05691) and then convert from cubic metres to whatever you want.

So, 1000 Nm3/hr would equal 37,324.4 standard ft3/hr. That is, if my morning coffee has kicked in properly.

here is the most comprehensive reply:
the conversion factors are given below:

1 m3/hr
= 219.9692 gallon (UK)/ hr
= 3.666153 gallon (UK)/ min
= 0.0611025 gallon (UK)/ sec
= 35195 ounce (UK)/ hr
= 586.58 ounce (UK)/ min
= 9.776407 ounce (UK)/ sec
= 35.31 ft3/ hr
= 0.5885778 ft3/ min
= 0.00980963 ft3/ sec

Thanks everyone. I've have a grip on the situation. Just a slight brain freeze. I appreciate everyones comments and help. It's nice that we can all be there for each other. Have a good weekend.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back