GD&T nots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuvaraj Paramasivam

Mechanical
Oct 14, 2019
IN
Hi sir,
This is Yuvaraj and am a Basic level design engineer. ill try to move next career level in designing , so i need your help any one have GD&T book and Drawings in pdf format, pleas send to me
Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yuvaraj:
I am confused with your request for “nots”. Is it “do’s and don’ts” or a misspelled word “notEs”? If I assume “do’s and don’ts”: you have to understand the do’s before the don’ts are obvious, appreciated and to be avoided. In most cases the list of "don’ts" is the recognition of the misapplication of the symbols caused by the design engineers lack of knowledge about the “do’s”. I recommend a very good grounding in the GDT concepts, etc. If the request is for “notEs”, then chez311’s reference to the ASME and ISO standards is appropriate.

Certified Sr. GD&T Professional

perhaps we're way off base and they were looking for knots [upsidedown]

knots_xjznjx.jpg

chez311

I hadn't' considered this, GDT = Gosh Darn Tight (knots). Brings back memories of Boy Scout badge test it did in the 60". I was thinking it could be quantum field sting theory. But. Na.

In that case, check out Animated Knots by Grog. I frequently use a lot of the skills I learned in the Boy Scouts Pioneering Merit Badge. Knots, splicing, lashing, etc. I'm always retying other peoples boats at the dock or replacing their anchor line granny knot with an eye splice.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

mkcski,

Gosh Darn Tight knots, clever! Since OP never responded I'll have to assume this is exactly what they were looking for. If I had a nickel every time someone created an account just to ask a single question and never responded.... Well I'd have a lot of nickels.

dgallup,

Great site - I never was a boy scout but I can appreciate the skill, perhaps I'll have to brush up!

A little satire here is refreshing. The "camaraderie" on this site is wonderful. I've learned a lot from everyone and it keeps my "skills" sharp. Much appreciated.

Absolutely - same here! Thanks for your engaging conversations, I always enjoy delving into GDnT with you and all the others on this forum.

hi friends,
Following problem am facing in profile chart drawing in AutoCAD 2013.
For Toolroom reference purpose we are making 5:1 or 10:1 profile chart drawing from AutoCAD, after taking print out the dimensions are changing from 0.1mm to 0.3mm in profile chart paper I don’t know why. Pls tell me either it’s an AutoCAD setting problem or printer problem.
Give me any solution pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back