Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE B90 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4rancher

Electrical
Aug 25, 2010
US
I’m looking for some reference material besides the pub itself that I can read to figure out more on the flex logic and programming on the B90. I have a few settings issues that I can’t take up directly with the creator, unknown, and with a little more insight I’m sure I can get through them. Eg, directional source and ct sat specs to name two. Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Using logic and variables in the B90 is pretty straight forward if you check the manual.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.

I was asked to help someone with a UR relay a few years ago. The logic was quite sophisticated(a utility set up). I happened to be at a relay conference and asked the GE application engineer to take a look. His first glance was via the basic enervista SW. The GE guy then used a separate GE SW (Enervista Engineer?) to analyze things. It was very easy to see that most of the logic that seemed complicated was actually for utilization of the front panel push buttons and display. The Enervista Engineer SW at that time was $2-3k, but I just checked and it appears to be free now.

DTR2011, it don't work if flex logic was written by Enervista UR (not Engeener) and we want to add something else. We must use Engineer version before comissioning of device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back