Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE FANUC clock read

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesliemcg

Electrical
Jun 11, 2003
GB
hi all, I am writing for any help for reading the clock in a 10" Quickpanel (GE FANUC)part number (IC753QSL001). I am using Quick designer software to program the panel. I wish to write the Quickpanel clock to the PLC (GE FANUC 90-30) using CPU 350
I cant find the option which configures a register in the Quickpanel that the PLC will read.
This has to be done as the PLC is a master system which will control other plc's via a GENUIS set up and switch various controls on/off on a timed basis.
I see where the quickpanel clock can be configured for the operator to set the time
but this must follow through to the PLC
thanks
hope anybody can set me in the right direction

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I do not believe that you can map the time from the quick panel to any PLC. You can however, accomplish this with an EZ-TOUCH touch screen from Automation Direct. they offer communications drivers for GEFanuc PLCs. Best of all they are easy to program and are inexpensive!

best regards, PLCSAVVY

thanks for your help plcsavvy
although i'm pretty mad to find this out, i would have expected a major player in the automation sector to have this as standard especially with the cost involved to purchase the hardware (will know for future reference though)
cheers
lesliemcg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back