Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE Fanuc Series 90-30 / Logicmaster 90 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolo

Electrical
Jun 4, 2003
CA
Hi,

My boss has perchased two series 90-30 units at an auction and does not have the Logicmaster 90 programming software. I was wondering if there are any demo softwares available or sites where I can download the software.

Thank you for any info.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would opt for the purchase of versa pro. It is a windows based programming language for the 90-30 and 90-70 series of GE Fanuc PLCs. best regards, PLCSAVVY

Or Cimplicity Machine Edition, also available from GE Fanuc, which I think is supposed to succeed VersaPro. Of course, you may want to check the GE Fanuc website for compatability of your CPUs with the Windows-based programming tools.

xnuke

Please see FAQ731-376 for tips on how to make the best use of Eng-Tips.

Versapro is scheduled to be replaced by Machine edition, but if you are able to use DOS, LM90 cna be found free on a versa-pro demo disc. Call GE supply and see if they still have any kicking aroud.
You will still need a SNP adaptor to talk serially

if your on a budget you can get versapro or machine edition from any ge fanuc sales outlet in a demo disc (free). this disk will enable you to program your plc's and will last for 4 days, and then you can unstall, reinstall the disk for another 4 days and so on( if you get what i mean)
happy programming

Doing the install/uninstall routine that PLC guy suggests works really well for doing the programming on a budget. I did that for a project I worked on a while ago. When you uninstalled the software it didn't erase your work and in fact when you re-installed the software, it remembered the last projects you were working on under the "File" bar like it was never un-installed. I just wish they would take that last step to make it free and remove the hassel all together.

Good Luck!

Like some of the others, I got my first copy of LM90 from the VersaPro demo CDROM.
Although everyone 'slags off' the old DOS stuff, this LM90 is a breath of fresh air after battling with STEP5 (the Siemens offering for the S5 range)
If your boss is not averse to playing around with auctions tell him to look at eBay.com. I have seen (and bid) for programming software there. It develops into a hobby! (sad)
Anyway, I strongly recommend you try the DOS software before going for the Windows options.
The manual can be downloaded from gefanuc.com
Have fun!

I dunno, if you could fork over the cash, I'd option to go for the Machine Edition software. I heard versa pro is on it's way out, and Simplicy Machine Edition will take it's place? Dunno if that is true, but I just used Machine Edition to program a GE CPU, and man was it KEWL! I did my HMI and PLC program all in one software package. sweet...

Chris Elston
Automation & Controls Engineer
Download Sample PLC Ladder Logic Code
at MrPLC.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back