Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE Gear Reducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bduff509

Industrial
Dec 9, 2008
US
I'm not sure if this is the place to be posting this but I'm running out of options.
I have a GE mod.# 7NB269JD6BA01 gear box in need of repair & no info on it. All that I've been able to turn up so far is GE sold the business, it's obsolete & no parts are available. All I really need are drawings. The castings are in good shape so it's just bearings & seals which should be available. I can't get at all of the bearings without removing gears & I'm not sure if I'm dealing with left hand threads or thread locker but nothing is comming loose. I'd just like to see what I'm dealing with before putting a torch to it.
Anybody have any idea where I can find drawings?
Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Call your local various power transmission distributors of gearmotor manufacturers. They are always getting requests to provide a "drop in cross refernced" unit for something that's out of date. Some companies will give you the unit properly sized for torque etc, and a drawing of an adapter plate you can have fab'ed up to make it fit.

TygerDawg
Blue Technik LLC
Virtuoso Robotics Engineering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back