Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GE JBC Relay - Need Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

avogel

Electrical
May 9, 2008
US
I'm looking for the manual on an early type JBC Relay: Model 208A8458 G-2

The publication on the nameplate is 'GEK-36836', which is not on GE's website, and the folks at GE say doesn't exist, but that doesn't make sense because it's clearly engraved on the relay.

I am specifically looking for the Connection/Wiring diagrams and any other pertinent info so I can compare them to a 12JBC53P1A, which I am replacing with.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

GE and Westinghouse used to make special runs of relays for large utilities. If GE can't find anything and it's a really old model, you may be SOL.

But these things don't have Intel processors in them, so the wiring can usually be traced out. The target and seal-in units are easy enough to trace back as are the CT inputs due to the shorting fingers. You'll need to figure out the polarizing inputs. Not sure how you ordered a replacement if you are not sure what you have....

Thanks for the link, however I already have looked through those and couldn't find what I'm looking for.

"[small]Not sure how you ordered a replacement if you are not sure what you have...[/small]"

I am sure it is what we want since we use that model on the rest of our similar feeders for 67 protection, these were the only oddball ones.

I cannot take that feeder out of service easily so I don't want to go poking around the wiring until I know finding diagrams is impossible. Right now we are relying on 2 of the phases plus the ground for protection, which should cover any fault.

avogel

What is the Model number for the original one you are looking for. Usually the Model number starts with 12JBC the part number is 208A8458-G-2. You are trying to replace it with a 12JBC53P1A so what is the 12JBC number for the original?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back