Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gear assembly animation in nx 7.5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OK, attached is another assembly where the only changes that I've made is adding a Datum plane to the 'Case' so that I can 'clock' one the gears so that it meshes better with the other gear. The other change was I replaced the '3D Angle' constraints on the gears with 'Orient Angle' constraints as they are more predictable, particularly if something is going to rotate more than 180°.

Now I've got this set up so that you can use the supplied GRIP program, 'animate_assy' to cause the gears to move. When you execute the program (File -> Execute -> Grip...) and when the first dialog opens, enter the name of the 'driving' expression, in this case the name 'angle'. When the next dialog opens, enter the follwing values:

Start = 0.0000
End = 360.0000
# os Steps = 100
Speed Factor (1-10) = 10

And then hit OK.

Note that in order for all of this to work, you need to fully open the assembly. In other words, do NOT use 'Partial Loading'.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f9b7f666-4bd0-42a4-be78-ebb5a7dbf678&file=GEAR_ASSEMBLY-JRB-1.zip
The GRIP program, 'animate_assy.grx', is in the zip file I posted. You need to execute it as I've already described.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Digital Factory
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back