Gear pump vibrations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanKatz

Industrial
Aug 29, 2012
IL
Hello Friends,

I have a 2'' 100LPM gear pump, I used it to transfer lubricant additives from the drum to a mixing tank.
I connect the pump to a piping system by a flexible plastic tube.
I want to change this tube to a stiffer hose and my concern is that because pump has vibrations this new pump-tube connection will be noisy, and expensive.

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Regards
Roman Katz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Great pumps are not normally too bad on the pulsation front. Normally you just need to ba able to clamp the tube at intervals to stop it moving.

All a bit vague.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Not Very noisy, but it bents and after some time the connections leak.

If the new tube is too stiff, it's because it has allot of metal so it will make a specific noise (like one frequency meets a different one), I know it from other places that I have this type of tube. I think it is called an "electric sequencing"

So balance is needed. I think a Compotech tube can work, just spoke to the supplier today.

Best Regards
Roman Katz

On your longest connection, include enough length for a loop of the hose. If the hose is tight, it transfers the vibrational displacements downsteam. A loop does a good job of breaking this up so the displacements are not transferred downstream. Some pump vendors recommend this practice.

Good Luck,
Latexman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back