Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

General Geometry Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Joe,

Your file opens without error for me as well. I am only using SolidWorks 2011 SP4.0... I have attached the import settings that I used for opening the STEP. You can access yours through the open dialog box with the STEP file type selected and select the options button on the bottom of the open dialog box. Your import settings may be affecting the file (causing error) upon opening due to the settings.

Just a guess, but try it...

Take care & have fun!

Kevin
"Hell, there are no rules here -- we're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas A. Edison

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e9053a64-7154-41c7-9e34-48d49135392f&file=Import_file_settings.JPG
Hello Scott,

I did disable the Check function and the error did not show. Is this normal not to have it activated/not check?

Hello Stash,

When I created the sketch I used my own template, which is nothing more then settings to ANSI type and using MM or INCHES. When I saved as for the Step file I used don't recall needing a template for this.

Thank you both for your Great support.

Best Regards

KenJG

Hello Scott,

Thanks again for your great support. I have a stupid question though- Duh :), if the part is bad the first time, will it let you know if you choose not to have the part checked when opening the Step file?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back