Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

General Table in Titleblock 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krywarick6

Automotive
Jun 9, 2003
CA
I'm struggling to find out if I can use a general table in the sheet format. I can't seem to get this to work. Works great on the sheet, but not the format.

Is it this way on purpose or is there something that I am missing. Any suggestion for a work around?

Christopher Zona - Product Designer
Loretto, Ontario

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's understandable, but I am trying to use it as the title block for the drawing itself. I'd prefer it to be on the format.

Loretto, Ontario

Christopher,
Matt is absolutely right, it is very easy to automate the standard way of doing the title block properties. And drawing the lines to create the title block is easy if you use dimensions to locate the lines, then hide the dimensions.

Standing
SolidWorks Pro 2009 x64, SP3.0, PDMWorks Workgroup, SolidWorks BOM,
HP xw8600, 64-bit Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 1
Intel Xeon CPU, 3.00 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Virtual memory 166682 MB, nVidia Quadro FX 4600

These are all valid points and are understandable. I have used property links extensively. I have also drawn the lines manually and hidden the dimensions.

My reasoning deals mainly with the fact that I can be OCD with the appearance of the text and position. I would like to control it better and not have the possibility of accidentally moving text and then having to realign it.

OCD? Anal? Yes to all of the above. Maybe they should do a show about it on The Learn Channel. Oh, wait! They already do, it's call Obsessed!(I think)

Loretto, Ontario

No, Matt changed his mind from "you would have" to "you would *NOT* have.
A star for you Matt.

Standing
SolidWorks Pro 2009 x64, SP3.0, PDMWorks Workgroup, SolidWorks BOM,
HP xw8600, 64-bit Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 1
Intel Xeon CPU, 3.00 GHz, 16 GB RAM, Virtual memory 166682 MB, nVidia Quadro FX 4600

The company I work for now we never have to touch our Title blocks. Everything is feed in through Custom Properties that are already setup. We fill out the proper summary data/Custom Property data and the drawing info is all changed. I have yet to have to replace move etc... in the title block. Which means I never have to Right click\Edit Sheet Format. That is the only way to move your Title block\Text if you have your drawing setup correctly.

I recommend setting up the title block like that and if you want pretty images in your Title block that can still be done inside SW without using Table.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back