Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generative Drafting Workbench - Hidden Lines Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

hims1980

Aerospace
Jul 9, 2012
FR
Hello everybody-

In Generative Drafting Workbench, Is it possible to show the hidden lines of ONLY a particular feature (may be pocket,slot,hole) or selected set of internal (hidden) features ?

I hope everybody understood my question.

Regards,

Himanshu

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like you're asking about a part drawing, not an assembly drawing?

If you can move the features into their own Body or Geom Set, you can use Modify Links to represent those features with hidden lines.

Hi! Jackk,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I am asking about a part drawing.
But, when we make ON the hidden lines option from the View Properties Dialog Box, it is applied to the entire view.
Also this internal features are cut from the external ones, so they have the parent/child relationship, so how can I move this feature to another part body ?

Regards,
Himanshu

Hi

As jackk said. Try to put desired feature into new body (rightclick on i.e. pocket, pad, hole etc. and insert in new...) Then you can set hidden lines only for this body.

Thanks, Telcontar for your reply.
Actually i m back after a long time, m sorry for that [bigsmile]

I tried your solution but when i say right click & insert in new then it do creates a new body but keeps within the same parent body with the boolean feature assemble in it.
As a result of which, I cannot eliminate the new body created with internal shape with modify links, since it comes within the same part body.
All the internal (female) shape becomes external (male) as well.

I hope you understood this.[smile]

Thanks in advance to advise about the above query.

Regards,
Himanshu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back