Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Generator Transformer HV winding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonal

Electrical
Jun 27, 2010
BT
We require three single phase transformer of 30 MVA forming one bank of GT connected to 82 MVA generator. We have three units in total.As per the grid availability, we are required to connect our plant to 400 kV line.

Isn't 400 kV on HV side of GT impractically high for 30 MVA GT? Please provide me with some insights.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What problem you are anticipating? 90 MVA at 400 kV is quite reasonable size.As manufacturer, we had supplied 40 MVA 400 KV 3 phase and 10 MVA 220 kV 3 phase units to Indian utilities as station start up units.Of course manufcaturing such units have some challenges,but not insurmountable.

prc, thank you for the information. The prob. I was anticipating was manufacturing of HV winding for such transformer. Looks like it isn't a problem.

Since you are a manufacturer, can I get catalogue of such transformer? Or perhaps link to the site??

I dont have any catalogues for such transformers.Iam sure reputed manufacturers can make such units.When we are faced with such situation,normally HV winding will be provided with sufficient minimum conductor area to keep with workability.

It is a comparable rating for the standby / startup transformers on a larger power plant. The only question is price. If no catalogue is found (I would think large transformers tend to be special-ordered), then you need a very rough spec/description for your transformer and send it to manufacturers for non-binding budgetary cost estimate. (or if you have some more time make it a detailed spec and ask for a real quote)

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back