Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

geometric imperfections 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hich

Structural
Jun 17, 2011
AU
I want to do a post buckling analysis with riks method. first I did a linear buckling analysis and now i want to write the results to a result file as a nodal data to do the geometric imperfections for riks analysis. does anybody know how I should do that?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In your eigenvalue analysis run, you need to request output to a .fil results file. You can then use those results using the *IMPERFECTION, FILE=xxxxx keyword in your riks analysis.

There is a good example of this type of analysis in the ABAQUS docs - "Buckling of an imperfection-sensitive cylindrical shell"

Regards

Martin

Martin Stokes CEng MIMechE

I used the following command but Aabaqus gives error with the *.

*NODE FILE, GLOBAL=YES, MODE=1, LAST MODE=1
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>

Is it something wrong with using * ?

I think my first problem is that i don;t know where I have to write these commands. I use the command area which is at the same place of message area. is it correct?

thank You Martin
I added this one to the input file. nothing happened. I submitted the job again but the input file was rewritten. then I decided aybe I can import the edited input file as a model but this time I faced this error:
WARNING: The following keywords/parameters are not yet supported by the input file reader:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*NODEFILE
*PREPRINT

*NODE FILE is not supported in CAE, so you'll have to write the .inp file out and edit it in a text editor (like Notepad). You then have to submit the job at the command prompt, not through CAE.

Open the ABAQUS command window in your working directory, then type;

abaqus j=myjobname

to run the job.

Martin

I don't know how to thank you Martin. I finally made the .fil output. then I made my model for Riks analysis and I opened its input file with notepad and I added *imperfection, file=mylastfile
and then in abaqus command prompt I ran the new input file. then I imported it to abaqus for analysis. but imperfection didn't affect the results!!

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back